v.prune not workink well

Jose A. Goncalves jgoncalv at utad3.utad.pt
Thu Jan 12 10:14:17 EST 1995

Hi all

I'm using grass4.1 under linux. I tried for the first time a line generali
zation with v.prune. The result was not the expected. Some times it seems
to be OK, being some points eliminated, but most of the times all the
vertices on the line apart from the nodes disappeared. Even when it works
only a portion of a line is correctly generalized.

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Am I missing something?
I could not find in the manual any reference to the kind of algorithm
used. Is it the Douglas-Peucker algorithm?

Jose' Goncalves
         '