solaris & d.mon, g.setproj

David Houlder david at dart.anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 5 21:20:52 EST 1995

Hi all...

I'm sure these are FAQs by now, but if someone could pass on the fixes
I'd be grateful. Details: Solaris 2.4, sun4m and sun4c, GC and GX framebuffers.

1)      d.mon x0 used to work, but now I get this:

        GRASS 4.1 > d.mon x0
        Graphics driver [x0] is already running
        Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
        Check to see if the mouse is still active.
        ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
        Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
        Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
        Check to see if the mouse is still active.
        ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.

        I'm running the message-queue version of XDRIVER (at least
        thats what the readme file said on moon, and XDRIVER and
        XDRIVER.fifo are different), There are no XDRIVER processes
        hanging around.  (I've noticed the fifos are actually plain
        files, but assumed that this is supposed to be the case for the
        message-queue version).

        d.mon stop=x0 doesn't help.

2)      g.setproj hangs. It seems to be reading from stdin, but not
        prompting.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

David Houlder                           Phone:  +61 6 249 4613
Geography Department                (In Aust.:  (06) 249 4613)
The Australian National University        Fax:  +61 6 249 3770