linux - XFREE386 question

Jim Klein lkla at netcom.com
Mon Jan 30 10:30:55 EST 1995

I am trying to compile grass on linux to replace a dell unix version of
grass that doesn't seem to want to recompile updates.  Unfortunately, the
XFREE386 wont work -- startx yields an error message that it cannot find
my mouse device.  My logitec bus mouse uses IRQ9 instead of the default
IRQ5 (the tape drive.)  I would rather not change these settings.) What
do I need to change for XFREE386 to find the mouse?

Is there a FAQ for linux somewhere that might have an answer to this
question, or has anyone had to do this before?

Thank you

Jim Klein
lkla at netcom.com