fast mapcalc

Gerald I. Evenden gie at charon.er.usgs.gov
Mon Jul 3 08:00:00 EDT 1995

>Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 06:21:37 -0400 (EDT)
>From: BARNES DAVID <barnesd at lab.cc.wmich.edu>
>Subject: Re: fast mapcalc
>To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
>
>David Wheatley sez:
>
><This is rubbish: exactly the kind of half-witted mis-information which gives
><newsgroups a bad name.
>
>Mr Wheatley,
>       I know that it is almost "that" black day in the lives of all Brits, bu
>cheer up. There are a lot of newbees out here who have a lot to learn.
>Learning enough about complex computer systems to do one's work is a real
>challenge, usually a pleasant and rewarding one. Please, make the learning
>experience positive.
>
>  * DAVE BARNES                                                   *

OK smart fellas, show me!  Name four major commercial Unix systems with
"ram-disk" and specifics about mounting procedures.

I can verify on Sun OS, a couple of DEC flavors, SVR4.  Reference to
"man" pages acceptable.

Gerald (Jerry) I. Evenden   Internet: gie at charon.er.usgs.gov
voice: (508)563-6766          Postal: P.O. Box 1027
  fax: (508)457-2310                  N.Falmouth, MA 02556-1027