FAQ for this group?

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Jul 25 00:11:40 EDT 1995

Louis Clarke (lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil) writes on 24 July 1995:
>James Darrell McCauley may have setup just what your looking for :-)
>point your www browser at:
>
>   http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/grassu/
>
>and take a look at past list activity.
[...]

This, however, was only an experiment (storing grassu-list
archives as threaded HTML messages). I would encourage
someone with a few MB of disk space and an httpd daemon
to set something like this up (since this experiment MAY
DISAPPEAR SOON).

You can subcribe via a dummy account and set up a .forward file so
that incoming messages from grassu-list are piped through
hypermail. That way, the archive would be dynamically updated. Many of
us could just browse the list as our leisure (using a WWW browser)
instead of having it clutter our mail boxes.

I am aware that grassu and grassp are gatewayed to info.* newgroups.
However, these newsgroups are not widely propagated and I'm not 100%
sure that the gateway is working properly (I see some messages to
grassu-list via mail that do not show up in the newsgroup).

If anyone is interested, I'd gladly do some free consulting
to get this up and running.

Darrell
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD           http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Agricultural & Biological Engineering mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University                     tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115