kriging in GRASS ? (repost)

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Mar 18 01:36:22 EST 1995

Martin Ameskamp (ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de) writes on 17 March 1995:
>can anyone tell me what support there is for Kriging and the like in GRASS
>at the moment? I'm aware of Darrell McCauley's ftp site, but that
>doesn't have s.kriging (or anything like that) anymore...

I started writing such a program (from
@Book{ deutsch92,
  author =       "Clayton V. Deutsch and Andr\'{e} G. Journel",
  title =        "{GSLIB}: Geostatistical Software Library and User's
                  Guide",
  publisher =    "Oxford University Press",
  year =         "1992",
  address =      "New York, " # NY,
  cost =         "\$49.95"
}
) but ran out of time. It's on
my list of things to do, but it's pretty low. I would encourage
any aspiring programmer to work on this.

As mentioned, I have programs to calculate sample semivariograms (s.sv)
and fit common models (m.svfit). These are what Martin was talking
about. They are at:
 ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass
FWIW, there's an unfinished program for kriging (by someone else) in
that directory--it needs to be ridden of Numerical Recipes code. I can
also make my unfinished program available if anyone is interested.
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University            new-> tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115