xgrass4.1 problem

Paul Maxwell Brett pbrett at cs.mun.ca
Thu Mar 16 09:34:34 EST 1995

        I am currently running solaris2.3 on a sun sparc20 with motif1.2.4
recently I have downlloaded the grass4.1 binaries.  All parts of grass seem
to work
but the xgrass interface has one small problem.On start up the initial window
is fine but when new new items are added the resulting popup window does not
accept
input from the keyboard.  The mouse seems to highlight the proper areas in the
add intems window but now input can be given.  This is bothersom because all
data must be symbolically linked to the /data drectory which is the default
grass4.1.  If anybody has come accross this problem and has a work around it
would be greatly appreciated.
                                        Thanks P M Brett
                                        pbrett at bart.geog.mun.ca