Memory problem s.surf.tps

David Houlder david at dart.anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 9 01:45:32 EST 1995

Phillip...

> ERROR: G_calloc: out of memory
>
> Can anybody tell me what kind of memory I should free in order to
> prevent this problem?
It means there is no more virtual memory left. To fix,
        quit as many other processes as you can (e.g. if you're running
        X11, clobber any windows you don't need),

        Get your sysadmin to increase the amount of virtual memory (the
        disc space used to swap RAM contents so that the CPU thinks its
        got buckets of memory to use)

        Open up your computer and plug in some more memory,

        Use a machine with more RAM or swap space.

If you run out of filesystem disc space you will get a different message.

David Houlder                           Phone:  +61 6 249 4613
Geography Department                (In Aust.:  (06) 249 4613)
The Australian National University        Fax:  +61 6 249 3770