Rainfall data for r.answers

Chris Rewerts rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil
Wed Mar 29 11:44:30 EST 1995

Kamarul:

>From what I can tell, it looks like you short-circuited how r.answers
deals with inputing new storm event rain gauge data. The
$LOCATION/answers/data/PROJECT/rain directory is where r.answers stores
data in its format *after* it has read in your input file. Thus, when
it is prompting you for the name of a new rainfall event, and
you give it a name of a file in the directory where it stores these, it
is trying to prevent you from over-writing the existing file.

So: the solution is to move your input files to another directory
(preferably not where r.answers stores its data, to avoid further
confusion or corruption of what is has stored for your watershed simulation
senarios). Then you should be able to create new rainfall events and
it should be able to read your rain gauge data files. Another note, if
the rain gauge data file is not in your current working directory when
r.answers prompts for the name, give it the full directory path to
the file.

Chris Rewerts (rewerts at zorro.cecer.army.mil) USA CERL LLN, Champaign, Illinois