r.mapcalc

peter canter canter at oslo.Geco-Prakla.slb.com
Mon May 1 08:00:00 EDT 1995

ref:r.mapcalc

First time use of this program for me.

Is my syntax correct here. I am using a raster file att7 as input and for
simplicity I just try to add 10 to the map layer. At the mapcalc prompt I type

mapcalc> att7a=att7+10

where att7a is new map layer name.

I get a segmentation fault no matter what I do. EVen tried a couple of
different computers (thought I maybe was out of memery).

It looks like it read my raster files and calculates as instructed. I can
see a percentage flashing on screen. When it gets to 100% it
dies, segmentation fault.

This leads me to believe I have some problem in my environment or
installation. No other serious problems with Grass are being experienced so
I am at a bit of a loss to figure out what's going on. I'm running
on Solaris 2.3. I installed binaries via ftp, no source.

Cope dump gives lots of messages about all kinds of problems. Here are
some bits and pieces.

ANybody have any ideas ?

thanks in advance,

Peter Canter
Engineering, Navigation
Geco-Prakla

SoftwarehHGRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarehp pError reading category file for
[%s in %s]
Out of MemoryError reading color file for [%s in %s]
@%lfGRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarei0GRASS (TM) Public Domain SoftwareiXx%s/e
tc/polish > %swr%s - illegal name
%s - unknown operator
%s - unsupported operation
%s - unsupported operation
%s - unsupported operation
%d%d %d %[^
]Internal error parsing mapname
<%s> - not found
%d%d%lf%s %d<%s> - unknown function
you have confused me
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarej  P `GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarek(GRASS
 (TM) Public Domain SoftwarekPrUnable to store equation in history filecell....
..GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarek GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarek %s - no
 arguments specified. too many arguments specified. usage: %s(x) or %s(x,y)
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarel%s - no arguments specified. too many argumen
ts specified. usage: %s(x)
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Software%s - no arguments specified. too many argument
s specified. usage: %s(x)
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarem%s - no arguments specified. too many argumen
ts specified. usage: %s(x)
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Software? %s - no arguments specified. too many argume
nts specified. usage: %s(x)
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwaren%s - no arguments specified. usage: %s(x[,y .
..])
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwareo%s - no too many arguments specified. usage:
  %s(x)        1 if x not zero, 0 otherwise
  %s(x,a)      a if x not zero, 0 otherwise
  %s(x,a,b)    a if x not zero, b otherwise
GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarecellclosecell: can't move %s
to cell file %s in mapset %sno datarasterGRASS (TM) Public Domain SoftwarewGRAS
S (TM) Public Domain Softwarew GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarew GRASS (TM) Pu
blic Domain SoftwarexGRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarex0colr2/%smissinginvalidc
olrcolor support for [%s] in mapset [%s] %s%ld %ld%s %sshift:%dshift:%dinvert%%
%ld:%d:%d:%d%ld:%d:%d:%d%ld%f %f %f%d %d %dGRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarey8G
RASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarey`GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwarey%s: ERRORWA
RNING%s
%s:ERRORWARNINGERRORWARNING?pwdr%s/GIS_ERROR_LOGa------------------------------
-------
%-10s %s
program:%-10s %s
user:%-10s %s
cwd:%-10s %s
date:%-10s %s
mail '%s'wGIS %s: %s
ERRORWARNING

%*s %cGRASS (TM) Public Domain Software{%s/%s//GRASS (TM) Public Domain Softwar
e{ cellcellGRASS (TM) Public Domain SoftwareGRASS (TM) Public Domain Software|0
Fail of initial read of compressed file [%s in %s]GRASS (TM) Publi

and on and on and on