v.in.dxf

Joe Leone Joe.Leone at per.dwe.csiro.au
Mon Oct 9 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi
I am trying to import a dxf file into grass.  The file comes from intergraph wh
ich had topology built and all the areas labeled. When I imported the file it c
ame in nice and clean as lines, but no attributes.
The manual for v.in.dxf states " The v.in.dxf program will only recognise point
s, lines, polylines, and text in the DXF format......."
Does this mean the v.in.dxf process not understand areas with attributes?
Does the DXF format understand labeled areas?

Help comments would be of help.
Thanks
Joe Leone

Joe.Leone at per.dwe.csiro.au