creation of polygons from points

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 08:00:00 EDT 1995

> Someone posed a question to me about delineating polygons around
> points (sites), sort of splitting the distance between points to create
> a "polygon of influence" of each site. The sites are unequally distributed.
>
> Would this best be done by converting the sites to a raster and using
> r.neighbors or an r.mapcalc statement to "grow" the site cells?
>
> Advice would be appreciated--- thanks in advance
>
> stewalt at ncrds.er.usgs.gov

I haven't been following this thread closely so someone may have
mentioned this but you can make veronio/theisson/proximal polygons
by using s.surf.idw and setting the number of interpolation points
to 1.  You get a raster rather than a vector map but it's quick.

cheers  Tom  8-)

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk