GMT vs. MAPGEN w/ GRASS

Alejandro Hinojosa Corona alhinc at cicese.mx
Wed Oct 25 18:21:56 EDT 1995

 Steve Dzurenko writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is anyone doing cartographic output from GRASS using GMT?
>
> I have been told that GMT is easier to use than Mapgen and
> produces equally high-quality output........

Steve,

I have worked with vector files from grass into gmt. You can
v.out.ascii your grass vector files, then strip the grass header,
then with a awk can substitute de Ls and As (the grass line
and area separator) with > (the gmt line segment separator).

I have also made an awk invers conversor, from gmt to grass. If you
are ineterested let me know.

Regards
Alejandro Hinojosa
Research Associate
Earth Sciences Division
CICESE (Centro de Investigacion Cientifica y Educacion Superior de Ensenada)
Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.

Mailing address: P.O. Box 434843
                 San Diego Ca. 92143-4843
voice; (01152)6174-4501 to 08 fax:(01152)6174-4933
email: alhinc at cicese.mx  (158.97.1.33)