Where can I find databases?

ChrisL4179 at aol.com ChrisL4179 at aol.com
Fri Oct 27 14:10:43 EDT 1995

Amin:

I think that you sent me someone else's mail.

Chris Lambert
Galaxy Global Corporation
ChrisL4179 at aol.com

Subject: Re: Where can I find databases?
Date: Thu, 95-10-24 10:11:48 EDT 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:	c42394a at nucc.cc.nagoya-u.ac.jp (HAMMAD AMIN)
Sender:	grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
Reply-to:	grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To:	grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
CC:	c42394a at nucc.cc.nagoya-u.ac.jp

Hello Samer

I am OK. Thanks.
I received your mails last week. I wanted to take some big decision
before replying. Unfortunatly, I am still wondering.
The decision is about the shape of my life in the next 3-5 years.
I made up my minde already to stay in Japan (in the same of similar job)
and to try in other places (mostly, I will not find a better job).
Also, I wanted that my mother comes here to get rid of the complains
that I should go back to take care of her.
Of course, life and work here is not easy. Especially at the age of 65.
TV programs are mostly in Japanese. The society is closed. Life is
expensive, etc. So it is impossible for my to satisfy my mother.
I also have a strong desire to get married. I had this same desire for
the last 5 years (maby becase of lonliness). I tried my best in the couple
of times when I went to Jordan. I failed. I don't want to try again and
fail again. My little Tomoko is a simple and a bit naive girl. She is from
the lowest cast of the Japanese society, and she is not so clever (I
addmitt).
Her family is agaist our marriage and they are asking us to go to hell
(it means that there will be no new family relations, etc. but continuous
headeach). My mother is also against the whole story and she started
threatenin
that she is not ready to get insulted in Japan by such a family and that
she will not accept such a marriage and go back (my sister is fed up of her
also). Tomoko may not be able to provide any income and the marriage may
not lead to a Japanese citizenship. STILL, I don't want to break up with
Tomoko and start looking for another women. Things will be more or less
the same. I feel that staying alone for another year or so will not be
easy. Tomoko is ready to accept Islamic manners etc. and to live with
my mother in a 70 m2 house (3rooms and kichen). I am not sure wether they
will go along or not. They whole thing is not so encouraging. As you said,
the program is not working because of some funny data, but we insist that
the program has some error. In other words, It is not easy for us to neglect
our roots and take life easy because our hardware and software is not
compatible with the west (or the far east).

If I can find some compromise for my mother, then I can realy go to hell
with Tomoko (or other Japanese wife). Forcing your wife and mother to
live together is not a wise idea.
As I told you before, I sent some money to my sister in Amman and asked her
to buy some furniture for the house I bought last year. However, my mother
refused the idea of living alone there. The alternative is to rent the
apartment (furniched) for about $500/month.

To summurize, the problem is that staying abroad means many compomises
that may not be acceptable by all parties. It is not only the problem
of marrying a foreign women. As far as you are alone, there is always
hope that you can go back and adapt. With wife and children, going back
may become impossible. As for the criteria for selecting the wife, it is
a very fuzzy thing that any women on earth may be a candidate. The problem
is in the other programs running in the background and making your CPU
very busy. But, can you kill all the processes without fearing that the
system may crash? Some people think that when you get a complicated situation
involving a contradiction among several requierments, it is easier to play-
back (undo) some moves and try again.

HOWEVER, IF WE CAN FIND SOME MEANING in the idea of going back, after trying
other things and saving some money, we can still be successful and happy
in Damascus like old times. We can try starting a small firm (consultancy
and trade) and earn enough money to go abraod once a year. There you may
find better women (larger market) to select a wife. In addition, you may
eat KUSA-MAHSHI cooked specialy for you by your mother-in-law!

Amin