Colors...

Bill Brown brown at gis.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 12 08:00:00 EDT 1995

>To: grassu at max.cecer.army.mil
>From: "Sergio Mart'in Nava Mu~noz" <a-nava at hermes.cimat.conacyt.mx>
>Subject: Colors...
>
> We're trying to install Grass 4.1 on a Silicon Graphics Iris at Cimat in
>Guanajuato, Mexico, but we got some problems that we can't solve involving
>the coloring of vector data; the problem is that the vector maps only
>display in white.
>         We appreciate for advanced the helpful comments you can give us.
>Sergio Martin Nava Munoz

Sergio,

We have several SGIs running GRASS but I've never heard of this problem.

1) What is the version of IRIX you are using (don't know? run "uname -a")

2) Which GRASS display driver are you using - x0, x1, ... or iris ?

3) What is your hardware configuration, no. of colors, etc. (run "hinv")

4) What is the command you type to display the vector map?
   ( or are you using XGRASS? )

- Bill
brown at gis.uiuc.edu