Driver for HP Design Jet 650C?

David Mandel dmandel at transport.com
Tue Sep 12 08:00:00 EDT 1995

On 11 Sep 1995, Chris Rewerts wrote:

> hall at gpsr.colostate.edu (Maurice Hall) wrote:
> >We are considering purchase of an HP Design Jet 650 C Plotter.  Does
> >anyone have any experience printing directly from GRASS paint
> >programs to this plotter? Is anyone aware of a GRASS driver for it?
> >Any help is appreciated.
> >

> In my experience with HP650C's, they have been purchased with the
> postscript option and ps.map can be used to create output in postscript.

Alternatively, one can use GRASS to produce postscript output, and then
use something like Image Alchemy to convert the postscript to RTL.  I have
access to a HP650 with the postscript option and I still use this method,
because it is faster (especially when making multiple copies) and I prefer
the dithering algorithms alchemy uses.  This makes the colors a bit more
subdued.

                                                     Dave

 David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
 Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
 Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend