Help:Disaster mitigation

Nandish Mattikalli nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 25 14:52:43 EDT 1995

Hello,

We are interested in knowing if anybody is working on Disaster mitigation
(either prediction/forecasting or management) using remote sensing and GRASS.
Disaster might be natural (e.g. flooding, forest fire, earth quake, volcanic
erruption, oil spills etc.) or man-made (any kind).

I am trying to compile information on this, and on how GRASS could be used
to predict/ forecast, monitor, and manage them. So, if some body is working
on this topic, or has developed / developing models for these, could you
please provide us with details.

Your help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks.

Nandish Mattikalli