ps.map to powerpoint

Le Squal - UHB - 99 14 13 47 gouery at uhb.fr
Mon Apr 22 08:00:00 EDT 1996

>Group: info.grass.user, Item 8270   (Range: #8239 - #8272, Unread: 2)
>Subject: ps.map to powerpoint
>From: chiang at unconfigured.xvnews.domain (Chang-Chou Chiang), The
>Date: 10 Apr 96 20:15:47 +0100
>Does anyone know how to convert the maps generated by ps.map to
>the format readable to powerpoint or other graphic softwares?
>Thanks for your help.

        Hi,

Powerpoint imports many formats, but i never try to import a file created
by ps.map as "EPS" file ... may be it's ok ...

If not i think many solutions :

- Use a converter between the ps file and another format (for example :
BMP, TIFF ...) : for my own, i do this using the converter of the free
package ImageMagick associated with GhostScript.

- Another way is to capture the content of your display with another tool
than ps.map : for that, ImageMagick is also a very good tool - using a
command like   "convert   X:   filename.format" allows you to capture the
content of a window or a part of a display in many raster formats. I think
for best results, you have to adjust the size of your display (in your
".grassrc" file with the lines XDRIVER_HEIGHT and XDRIVER_WIDTH)

                                Hope this helps you,
[EOB]
--

        |       Pascal GOUERY           :       Tel.: 99.14.13.47            |