PROBLEM: importing DLG file

Scott Grover ScottG at horne.com
Thu Apr 11 08:00:00 EDT 1996

At 09:53 AM 4/11/96 -0100, you wrote:
>Hi Users,
>I have exported a vector file in DLG format from ARCINFO. I'd like to import
>it in GRASS using v.in.dlg but I don't know in which directory I must copy
>the file!!!
>I have tried to copy it in all the existing directories but v.in.dlg doesn't
>work.
>Someone knows the right way???
>
>thank you very much
>
>saccon at pbox.joanneum.ac.at

GRASS will look for dlg input files in the dlg directory located under your
current mapset.  You should have a directory structure similar to this:
/home/.../GISDBASE/location/mapset/[dlg,dig,dig_att,cell,etc.].  If you use
v.out.dlg on a sample file, GRASS will create the dlg subdirectory for you.

scott
scottg at horne.com