need help

Pu Bu Ci Ren pubu at gfi.uib.no
Tue Apr 2 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi, everybody:

I am new user, I have grass4.1 SGI binary version running in my machine.
I am working on LANDSAT MSS data, because I don't have tape driver, so I
can not read data directly from tape using Grass 4.1, what I have done is
reading data in other place, transfer it  to my hard disk, then I use small
program which is written by me to extract each band file from the big image
file on hard disk, the data format is 8 bit binary file, I use XV to display it
, it is successful.
When I use grass, I created a location and mapsheet for mss data, I input the
column and row number( 3600, 2286), then move all four band files to directory
cell under mapsheet MSS, then I try to use d.rast to display it, I got message
: can't open rast file .... ,
so can somebody help me ?

thanks