XGRASS DISPLAY LIB ERROR

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Mon Apr 1 07:00:00 EST 1996

Ah, the joys of silly OS's....
Linux is not the problem here.
GRASS expects an 8-bit pseudo-color driver.
Don't use 16-bit color with GRASS.
If you need 16-bit color, I hope you have more success than I did hacking
XDRIVER. Someone has already done this for the Alpha, and it was posted
somewhere that doesn't come to mind right now. I think you can find it
from REGIS, and poke around looking for the Alpha stuff. It's in there.
I played with it, but then had to do some real school work, and had to stop.

Good Luck- post your results!
Angus.