Compiling Grass on SGI Indigo2 Impact (IRIX 5.3)

Bill Phu pcb at is.dal.ca
Tue Aug 13 07:48:45 EDT 1996

In article <9608130959.ZM11686 at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th> you wrote:
: I have just recently finished compiling grass and xgrass on an SGI high impact
: running IRIX 5.3, and am currently trying to install the contributed, related
: and garden software. I have kept a history of the changes I have made in order
: to compile grass. Feel free to contact me regarding any problems you may
: encounter.

: BTW I originally sent this to your personal e-mail (phu at ug.cs.dal.ca) but
: received an error message in return. If you want the error message to determine
: the problem, contact me and I'll send you a copy.

Hi there Justin,

I just got your posting on hte newsgroup and I've just managed to compile
the main source, alpha and xgrass on our system yesterday.  I haven't
gotten a chance to really look at the differences in the source for the
contrib directory yet; I'll attempt to get the other directories (related
and garden) directories later today.  I would appreciate a list of the
changes you had made (to email pcb at is.dal.ca -- I guess the university,
in all it's wisdom, decided to shut down email accounts a month before
classes are due to begin again).  I'll have to get that reinstated.

Anyhow, once I get your list, I'll email you back with a list of the
changes that I had to make (if I can remember them all.. at the very
least, the difference between what I did and what you did) and we can get
this info hopefuly at least included in an updated FAQ.  God knows I've
wasted a tad more time than anticpiated trying to get this to work.

Thanks,
Bill

--
Bill Phu -- Geology & Engineering (phu at ug.cs.dal.ca || pcb at is.dal.ca)