monitor problem...Please help

Zorka Zegarra Rojas zzegarra at condor.decom.uta.cl
Fri Aug 9 08:00:00 EDT 1996

HI GRASS USER's:

I' be work in a server alpha:DEC 3000 model 400/400 s AXP System
with SO:OSF/1 v2.0
Have GRASS4.1(with source code on my machine) and be work directly on
the server,so what not must use xhost.

to used the comand d.mon happed:

GRASS 4.1 > d.mon -s start=x0
Graphics driver [x0] started
Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <spearfish>
GRASS 4.1 >

and appear in a corner a screen black what say "Monitor X0"
nevertheless of use the command d.rast aspect, the monitor X0 disappear
and get the message following:

graphics monitor not select
Please select graphics monitor <x0> with d.mon.

of use d.mon get:

Enter name of graphics monitor to select
Enter "list" for a list of known monitors
Enter "list -f" for a list with current status
Hit RETURN to return to menu
> x0
can't read index!
ERROR eof from graphics driver.

What index to it refered? Why not function?

Excuse my English what isn't very good
Have a nice day

                        Zorka
e-mail:zzegarra at condor.decom.uta.cL