Q:ARC2grass

Helena Voinov helena at cbl.cees.edu
Wed Dec 4 07:45:39 EST 1996

I'm having a problem importing with v.import ungenerated ARC/Info line
files of
hydrologic features.  Importing seemed to go fine but returned the
following warning from v.support for more than a thousand lines:

WARNING: line 2473 label: 11 matched another label: 11.
WARNING: line 2474 label: 11 matched another label: 11.

et.c.

I  ignored this messages but it turned out that when I try to
rasterize this map I lost corresponding attributes. And if I try to
reproject this map I get a "bad lines" response for that lines with
warning from v.support and  can't build the topology for the
reprojected map. Does anybody know what this warning means and how to
avoid it?

Thanks

--
  Helena Voinov
  Univ.of Maryland Inst.for Ecological Economics