cleaning up after XDRIVER

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Thu Dec 19 10:29:31 EST 1996

In message <32B85D0E.5510 at cs.keele.ac.uk>  writes:
> We use GRASS 4.1 (Spring 1993) Update package 4 under Solaris 2.5
> to support some GIS teaching, and the only display devices we use
> are XDRIVERs on our Sun workstations.
>
> Students sometimes forget to do
>
>     d.mon stop=x0
>
> and this causes problems when a subsequent user tries to start GRASS,
> especially when the XDRIVER process has been killed or otherwise
> closed.

I'm not a unix guru, but couldn't you write a script so that when the GRASS user
types 'exit', it runs d.mon stop='open grass windows' before quitting GRASS?

Michael Hanratty                               Phone: (612) 627-4590
Dept. of Civil Engineering                            (612) 626-0024
University of Minnesota                        Fax:   (612) 627-4609
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory
Mississippi River at 3rd Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414