DesignJet Printing

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Mon Feb 26 07:00:00 EST 1996

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Scott Grover wrote:

> Hello:
> I am using GRASS 4.1 on a Linux machine.  My goal is to now get hardcopies
> of my graphics on a HP DesignJet 650C connected to the lpt1 port.  This
> printer supports PostScript files, but I am unable to get GRASS to recognize
> the printer.  Do I need to install a new print driver?  If so do you know a
> source for this?
> Thanks,
> Scott Grover
> scottg at horne.com

Hi, Scott
You'll need to use this printer with ps.map, which doesn't talk directly
to a printer. Rather, you save the output as a file, and then lpr the
file to your printer. Be sure and read the ps.select manual entry to see
how to set up a parameter file for using with the HP650.

Regards,
        -Malcolm Williamson