Undeliverable Message

MAILER-DAEMON at WOOD-VINES.ARMY.MIL MAILER-DAEMON at WOOD-VINES.ARMY.MIL
Wed Feb 7 07:00:00 EST 1996

Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To:            <grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil>
Subject:       Re: subsetting a vector

Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
error codes.

        VNM3043:  MR MARK ADAMS at TEC@FLW DCD

VNM3043 -- MAILBOX IS FULL

   The message cannot be delivered because the
   recipient's mailbox contains the maximum number of
   messages, as set by the system administrator.  The
   recipient must delete some messages before any
   other messages can be delivered.
    The maximum message limit for a user's mailbox is
   10,000.  The default message limit is 1000 messages.
   Administrators can set message limits using the
   Mailbox  Settings function available in the
   Manage User menu  (MUSER).

   When a user's mailbox reaches the limit, the
   user must delete some of the messages before
   the mailbox can accept any more incoming messages.

----------------------  Original Message Follows  ---------------------->
> To select a zone of raster map in grass we just need
> to define the region and then
>
> r.mapcalc "new.map = old.map"
>
> Is there any way to do the same with a vector?
> I have a very large vector of coastlines and I'm
> interested only in one particular region.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Agus

Agus,

You could try using v.cutter to clip out a section of your vector map.
Be sure to run v.spag -i after running v.cutter to remove identical lines.
This program is not fully tested but give it a shot.

--

Paul Loechl                                     loechl at diego.cecer.army.mil
USA CERL                                        (217)352-6511x7474