subsetting a vector

jill schuler jschuler at rover.ftc.nrcs.usda.gov
Wed Feb 7 07:00:00 EST 1996

%%To select a zone of raster map in grass we just need
%%to define the region and then
%%
%%r.mapcalc "new.map = old.map"
%%
%%Is there any way to do the same with a vector?
%%I have a very large vector of coastlines and I'm
%%interested only in one particular region.
%%
%%Thanks!
%%
%%Agus
%%
%%***************************************************
%%Dr. Agustin Lobo
%%Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
%%Marti Franques s/n
%%08028 Barcelona (Spain)
%%
%%tel. 34 3 330 2716
%%fax. 34 3 411 0012
%%
%%alobo at ija.csic.es
%%alobo at eno.princeton.edu
%%***************************************************
%%

Use v.cutter with a vector layer that defines your area of interest.
Then run v.spag -i to clean-up the cut data.

Jill

     ____     __ ________ _____  _______        .
      / \   //  /    // /    // /     //       / \
     /  \  //  /    // /       /              /   \

Jill R. Schuler
USDA
Natural Resource Conservation Service
2625 Redwing, Suite 110