contour labels

Wayne Gibson oregon at chaos.ATS.ORST.EDU
Mon Feb 5 07:00:00 EST 1996

Andrew,

I could be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge there is no simple
method of labeling contours directly with a GRASS command. (e.g. a
modification of d.vect to also display labels)  Three plausible
conclusions come to mind: 1) a fairly significant effort would have
to be made in changing the source code, 2) labelled contours are
considered "cartography" which is better suited to programs like
"mapgen", and/or 3) it has not made it to the top of any priority
list of GRASS improvements.

Perhaps someone else knows of a method.

- Wayne Gibson                               -
- Oregon State University                    -
- Internet email : oregon at chaos.ats.orst.edu -
- voice : (541) 7375696, 7375705             -
- fax   : (541) 7372540                      -

> Hi,
>

> Can anyone give me information on how to get labels on contour
lines

> after using r.contour? I can get a vector map of contour lines but
with