Xgrass and Linux

Andreas Holz Andreas.Holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Fri Feb 2 07:00:00 EST 1996

?34?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> I have installed Grass for Linux from the binaries on moon. I also
> whant to try to run Xgrass. Since Xgrass is not a part of of these
> binaries, wich of the cpio arcives with source code do I have to
> download to compile Xgrass? Is there a makefile for just the Xgrass part?
>
> Or maybe there are some binaries for Xgrass/Linux out there?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>

> Yours,
> Ola Kjolstad

Dear Ola,

        to compile Xgrass You need a Motif license for Linux. You
        have to get a Motif Version <= 1.2.4, because Motif 2.0
        is not compatible to XGRASS.

        A XGRASS binary distribution is included in my GRASS 4.1.5 CD.

Andreas