X driver

Cosyn Bart Bart.Cosyn at rug.ac.be
Tue Jan 30 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi Paul,
On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Paul Koch wrote:

> I'm just getting started with GRASS, running it on an HP.  It was
> installed by a techie who has since left.  I am following the Leicester
> tutorial online.  In response to
>
> GRASS-GRID > d.mon start=x0
> The /driver subdirectory is empty and I'd like to avoid downloading all
> the source files to find a solution.  What's the best way to get past
> this error?

check in your subdirectory $GISBASE/src/CMD/lists if you have copied the
file local.example to local and uncomment the following line

 src/display/devices/XDRIVER

if you want to run xgrass uncomment also the xgrass stuff.
Here you can also add other sources that you want to compile at the same
time. I hope this will help you out!

                        Bart

        | ir. Bart Cosyn                                  |
        | VLIR-project Tunisia                            |
        | Laboratory for Hydrology and Water Management   |
        | University of Gent                              |
        | Coupure 653, B-9000 Gent                        |
     | Belgium                                    |
        | Tel: +/32/9/2646137                             |
        | Fax: +/32/9/2646236                             |
        | E-mail: bcosyn at allserv.rug.ac.be                |