PostScript Printer installation&configuration

bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil
Mon Jan 29 07:00:00 EST 1996

To do postscript you use the two commands:

ps.select    ; chooses the ps type output device
ps.map       ; creates a ps output file which must then be sent to the printer
             ; with lp/lpr

ps.select   choose from available devices in $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices. The
            devices located here desribe page size, margins, resolution.

I.E. Put the lines below in a file called: $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices/hpxl30
0
and you will have a ps.device called: hpxl300  for 8.5x11 output.

level: 2
page width: 8.5
page height: 11.0
top margin: 0.5