Help: How to import points in GRASS

G. Zacharioudakis GIORGOS at ers.bham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi netters,
I have a strange silly problem:
I want to create   a map with points which represent the
wells in my project area.
I digitised them as points using various codes and I saved the
resulting file as a .dxf file.The I used v.in.dxf.
The command seems to work correctly but then
1) either I do not get a new binary vector file (typing 'lists' in
v.support),
2)or after v.support I get a scrolling text with lines such as:
"Degenerate line (1), skipping. offset 819 (a pair of coordinates)"
At the very end I get:
Number of lines :0
Number of nodes :0
Number of areas:0
Number of isles:0
Number of atts:0
Number of unattached atts:0
Snapped lines:0.
3) If the .dxf contains both lines and points, everything is correct
apart from the fact that GRASS ignores the points and plotts (during
v.digit) ONLY the lines.

IF somebody has faced sthg similar, or knows what is wrong please let
me know.

Am I missing something ?

Giorgos

e-mail:giorgos at ers.bham.ac.uk