How to import DLG data in optional format

Casey Claiborne mskc at io.com
Tue Jan 9 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hello,
        I am trying to import some DLG data (in optional format) that
I downloaded from cr.usgs.gov. After uncompressing the downloaded files,
I have something like the following:

        AU.BDF01.opt, AU.BDF02.opt, AU.BDF03.opt, AU.BDF04.opt
        AU.BDF05.opt, AU.BDF06.opt, AU.BDF07.opt, AU.BDF08.opt

I have been instructed to use v.in.dlg or v.in.dlg2 to get started
with the process of importing the data into GRASS; however, this
program requires the use of *one* ".opt" file. Currently, I have 8
".opt" files. How can one combine all of the files listed above
into one ".opt" file that I can use with the v.in.dlg or v.in.dlg2
commands of GRASS? I have read the manuals but can not seem to locate
this information. I would be *truly grateful* for any type of help
hints or advice :)

Thank you in advance

Casey