Japan Mapping Sciences Courses

Stephan Pollard sp at cast.uark.edu
Sat Jan 6 07:00:00 EST 1996

Dear Readers,

I am trying to track down schools in Japan, both universities and
technical, that offer instruction in one or more of the below listed
disciplines/topics.  I could use as much information as possible including
course titles, course descriptions, whether or not a known course is part
of a specialized program or part of another program, department, contact
information, email addresses, and Web sites.

The disciplines/topics are:

Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
Remote Sensing
Photogrammetry
Air Photo Interpretation
Computer Mapping
Surveying
Cartography
Geodesy
Mapping

I am also trying to get an idea of the software/platforms that are used
to teach these disciplines/topics in Japan (e.g., IDRISI, GRASS,
ARC/Info, MGE, MapInfo, PCI, ERDAS, Microstation, AutoCAD, Corel,
Japan specific software, and any others) AND what graphic user interface
(GUI) languages for said software are available at each particular
institution.

Additionally, I'd enjoy hearing from anyone with experience in the
Mapping Sciences as it relates to Japan.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Stephan Pollard
Stephan Pollard, Graduate Assistant               TEL:(1) (501) 575-6159
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies (CAST)   FAX:(1) (501) 575-5218
Ozark Hall #12
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR  72701                         E-mail: sp at cast.uark.edu
USA                                        URL: http://www.cast.uark.edu