v.support:PNT_TO_AREA failed

linda at cerl.cecer.army.mil linda at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Wed Jan 3 07:00:00 EST 1996

Dr. Lobo,

        Hopefully this will help you.  Enter v.digit and try to relabel the pro
blem areas OR digitize in a line and then immediately remove the same line.  Wh
en exiting v.digit, ANSWER YES TO "DO YOU WANT TO COMPRESS THE ATTRIBUTES FILE?
"  If you enter v.digit and nothing on your layer is changed then the attribute
 question will not appear.  That is why you may want to fool v.digit by digitiz
ing in a line and then removing it.  Then run v.support and with any luck you w
ill not receive the pnt_to_area message.  I
had this same problem, and this seemed to work for me.  Good Luck.

Linda at DECAM