labeling newly digitized areas

gregg hadish gahadish at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 3 07:00:00 EST 1996

We have been having some difficulty labeling newly digitized areas.
Within v.digit, what appear to be closed polygons, cannot be labeled.
"display open area lines" shows that some of the areas are "open"
On close inspection, the areas seem to be snapped correctly.

We have run v.spag, and v.clean on the files, with limited success,
i.e., apon returning to v.digit, some polygons can be labeled.

There aren't any problems with island-type polygons, only on about 1/3
of the more complex series of attached (shared boundary) polygons.

Please respond to gahadish at iastate.edu

Thank you

Gregg Hadish