v.support and DLG format

Louis Clarke lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil
Thu Jul 11 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hi Pierpaolo,

I attempted to import the DLG format generated by Arc/Info and had no luck.
Check out the GRASS Users FAQ for importing to GRASS from Arc/Info using the
ungenerate function.  Another transfer format that might be faster and less
trouble is SDTS.  I have not complied the SDTS source code and tried this, but
it looks like the potential is there.  The FAQ URL address is:

http://www.cecer.army.mil/grass/faq.html

> I have imported in GRASS a vector file in DLG format from ARC/INFO, I
> have create a directory called DLG in my mapset, I ran v.in.dlg and
> d.vect without troubles but when I ran v.support I got the following
> message:
> Segmentation fault-core dumped!
> Does anybody know the solution or the reason?
> How could I resolve this problem with v.support?

I hope this helps.
Louis Clarke                           U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil    Albuquerque District
voice (505)342-3281                    Regulatory Branch
fax (505)342-3498                      http://www.swa-wc.usace.army.mil/reg/