GRASS and Binary Tiger data

William A Perkins perk at phoebus.pnl.gov
Wed Mar 20 07:00:00 EST 1996

3

    Bret>       I've done so much with so little for so long, I can do practica
lly
    Bret>       anything with nothing forever!
    Bret> _____________________________________________________________________
_________

Bret,

Yes, you can bring Tiger data into GRASS.  Get
<ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/pub/grass/incoming/tigerscripts.tar.Z> for
some scripts (which avoid RIM).  As to the source of the data, you
could always buy the CD's from the Census Bureau.  However, they're
sort of expensive (IMHO), so if you're cheap like me, check out
<http://cedr.lbl.gov/cdrom/doc/contents.html> where lots of the Census
CD's are online.

Hope this helps.

Bill.