summagraphics driver

David Houlder david at dart.anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 18 07:00:00 EST 1996

Folks...

> Does any one have or know where I could
> get a copy of a digitizer driver file for a summagraphics
> summagrid IV (summagraphics microgrid UIOF format).

> I would also be interested in using A SUMMAGRAPHICS
> Microgrid III with Grass4.1 v.digit either on SUNOS 4.1.3
> or Preferably on Linux box -- just cant seem to get it to work.

I use this on a Kurta XGT pretending to be a Summagraphics. If you're
using Solaris 2.x (or maybe some other non-BSD unix, dunno about linux)
make sure you've got the v.digit patch I sent to grassu a few months
back.

digcap entry:
SummaUIOF:/dev/ttya:summa_16:Kurta XGT in Summa UIOF mode on 'a' port of host.

digitizers/summa_16:
# Kurta XGT emulating SummaSketch (UIOF format)

setup
{
    digname = Summa
    description = Summagraphics UIOF format
    buttonoffset = 0
    buttonstart = 1
    buttons = 16
    baud = 9600
    units_per_inch = 1000
    stop_bits = 1
    data_bits = 8
    parity  = none
}

startpoint
{
   send = \027M1
   wait = 0.1
}

startrun
{
   send = \027M0
   wait = 0.1
}

startquery
{
   send = \027M3
   wait = .1
}

query
{
    send = \027G
}

stop
{
   send = \027M2
}

format
{
    ascii = xxxxxx,yyyyyy,bb,?
}

David Houlder                          Phone:   (06) 249 4613
Geography Department                          (+61 6 249 4613)
The Australian National University       Fax:  +61 6 249 3770