Help

A.N.NDUMU a.n.ndumu at uclan.ac.uk
Fri May 10 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hello,

I am new to GIS and I am trying to install Kang's binaries (v4.1.3)
on my GNU Linux workstation. Installation is OK, but when I type
grass4.1 at the command line, nothing happens. On further
investigation, I discovered that the program exits when running the
GIS.sh file. Here is the segment of the file where I think the
problem is:

#user selects LOCATION and MAPSET

$ETC/gis_set
case $? in
0) ;;
*)exit
esac

I have no idea of shell programming, but from my rudimentary C
programming knowledge, some parameter is not set up properly when
$ETC/gis_set is executed, prompting the exit option in the following line
of code.

Can anybody tell my why this is the case  or what I am doing wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Abongwa Ndumu
Research Student
University of Central Lancs