composite picture

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Tue Nov 5 23:46:12 EST 1996

At 10:21 PM 11/5/96 GMT, you wrote:
>hi
>
>i have recently instaled Grass on my Linux Box, and i would like
>to make a composite picture
>I have the 3 files  (spot.1 spot.2 spot.3) for the RGB channel
>The probleme is when i run i.composite
>i don t know how to place the files in the directory
>wich directory shall i make , and where to put those 3 files
>
>Thanks
>
>Marc.
>
>--
>                             Grunberg Marc
>
>                        DEA Photonique et Image
>                   Universite Louis Pasteur Strasbourg
>
>                       grunberg at doc.u-strasbg.fr
>                  http://saphir.list.jussieu.fr/~marco
>                            IRC: nick Marco

Are the SPOT images already rectified and in a .BIL format? If so, you would
first need to create a GRASS mapset and location in the map projection and
coordinate system that matches the SPOT images.

If the images are not rectified, create a GRASS mapset and location with no
map projection (x,y).

Then run i.tape.other to convert each band to a GRASS format. Next, run
i.group to define an imagery group and include all the files in that group.
Finally, run i.composite to create a composite image.

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com