export in IDRISI format?

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Wed Nov 6 07:00:00 EST 1996

At 12:04 AM 11/7/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Grass users-----
>
>I need to export a (large) grass raster map into some kind
>of format that is readable by IDRISI, which is, I'm told
>accomplished with a "fixed length 1024 byte format ASCII
>character file."  Any suggestions as to the best/easiest
>way to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob Harrington
>bobh at hwr.arizona.edu

If the grass raster map is a single-byte type( 0-255 categories), run
r.compress to uncompress the map. The cell file can then be read directly as
an IDRISI image file after the document file is created.

There is also a Grass-IDRISI module that I obtained from the IDRISI folks
and have used successfully.

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com

Jim