Arc/info export to GRASS

roland muench roland at taunet.net.au
Wed Oct 2 06:13:04 EDT 1996

>I'm interested to know if anyone has imported ARC/INFO files (normal
>ascii export format - extension .e00) without having ARC/INFO (I can't
>ungenerate the ARC files);

>Can anybody help me ?

If you need line files only there is a neat utility for vector conversions
called "mapmaker"It can import E00 and turn it into ungenerate
line format. It works well but you loose some attributes.Does lots of other
stuff as well ie. dxf. idrisi, moss and mapinfo conversions

mapmaker is freely available through eric dudley
eric at dudley.win-uk.net or search for mapmaker on the internet and
download

cheers

Roland muench         roland at taunet.net.au
Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife Commission
Australia