GRASS drivers for HP 755 Designjet Plotter

Eric Ohler ohler at vinny.cecer.army.mil
Mon Oct 21 08:00:00 EDT 1996

 _____
> >Mary F. Chang

> I've been using Alladin Ghostscript to convert the output from ps.map to rtl
> format compatible with the Designjet 650C. I assume the same technique will
> work with the 755CM. The web page for Ghostscript can be found at
> www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html.  Source code for Unix machines and
> compiled code for DOS and Windows is available at the site. If you are
> compiling for a Unix machine, make sure the driver dnj650c is included.

   My understanding is that the Hp755CM  is shipped ready to print postscript,
 as opposed to the 750c, which is not. You should be able to send your file
 output from ps.map directly to the plotter.  The only file you would need
 is the ps.devices text file in $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices, which is used
 by ps.select.  A sample is included below:

>cat ps36x48.300
level: 2
page width: 36
page height: 48