Header for Solaris 2.5

Iwao NODA noda12 at ffpri-kys.affrc.go.jp
Mon Oct 21 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Dear Gerhard:
Did you succeed the installation of GRASS ?
I have some problems in GRASS4.1 which I installed onto Solaris2.5 .
I used the compiler GCC, but I had many warnings. For example, ps.map makes
core dump.
Please let me know the your result. Thank you for your kindness.

At  8:28 AM 10/2/96 +0200, Gerhard Smiatek wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>who can help me with the header file for
>Solaris 2.5 (SUN ULTRA 1) ? The Solaris header from
>GRASS FAQ Cooperative Development Project does not work with some
>GRASS programs such as d.3d:
>------------
>ld: fatal: symbol `Def_term' is multiply defined:
>        (file /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(curses.o) and file
>/usr/ccs/lib/libtermlib.a(setupterm.o));
>ld: warning: symbol `ttytype' has differing sizes:
>        (file /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(curses.o) value=0x32; file
>/usr/ccs/lib/libtermlib.a(setupterm.o) value=0x400);
>        /usr/ccs/lib/libtermlib.a(setupterm.o) definition taken
>ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to
>/arc/smiatek/soft/Grass4.1/etc/bin/main/inter/d.3d
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>`/arc/smiatek/soft/Grass4.1/etc/bin/main/inter/d.3d'
>GISGEN failure at STEP: src/display/d.3d
>------------
>
>Gerhard
----
Iwao Noda
Research Scientist
Forest Management and Economics Laboratory
Kyushu Research Center
Forestry & Forest Products Research Institute
Kurokami 4-11-16, Kumamoto 860, JAPAN
Fax: JAPAN(096)344-5054
Internet  :  noda12 at ffpri-kys.affrc.go.jp