v.support of GRASS4.1

Iwao NODA noda12 at ffpri-kys.affrc.go.jp
Mon Sep 2 04:28:16 EDT 1996

Dear Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey):

Thank you for your following response.
But my Grass4.1.5 is 'GRASS 4.1 Dynamic Binary Release Update 5' downloaded
 from
   ftp://129.229.103.1/pub/grass/grass4.1/release/binary/sun4/ .
Is the Update5  not fixed the v.support problem ?

At  0:25 PM 96.8.29 +0000, Justin Hickey wrote:
>Iwao
>
>On Aug 29, 11:23am, Iwao NODA wrote:
>> Subject: v.support of GRASS4.1
>> I have been a user of GRASS4.0. Recently I installed GRASS4.1 on SUN
>SPARCipx.
>> The command v.support makes an error message as follows. That is after the
>> execution of v.in.arc or v.in.ascii.
>>
>> --------------
>(snip)
>>
>>    V.SUPPORT:
>>
>> sh: 2886 Memory fault
>> ERROR(v.support):  Could not build vector file: '10-2id8'
>>
>>-- End of excerpt from Iwao NODA
>
>This may be caused by a known problem with v.support. You may want to try
>getting a fix for v.support from the GRASS FAQ home page at:
>
>        http://www.cecer.army.mil/grass/faq.html
>
>Question 9 of the FAQ (the last one) deals with v.support crashing. The answer
>to that question provides a link to new source code and the steps required to
>link it to grass.
>
>This may fix your problem.
----
Iwao Noda
Research Scientist
Forest Management and Economics Laboratory
Kyushu Research Center
Forestry & Forest Products Research Institute
Kurokami 4-11-16, Kumamoto 860, JAPAN
Fax: JAPAN(096)344-5054
Internet  :  noda12 at ffpri-kys.affrc.go.jp