v.support of GRASS4.1

Tom Charnock charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 05:01:17 EDT 1996

> Iwao
>
> On Sep 2,  5:28pm, Iwao NODA wrote:
> > But my Grass4.1.5 is 'GRASS 4.1 Dynamic Binary Release Update 5' downloaded
> >  from
> >    ftp://129.229.103.1/pub/grass/grass4.1/release/binary/sun4/ .
> > Is the Update5  not fixed the v.support problem ?
> >-- End of excerpt from Iwao NODA
>
> I did a bit of checking and the sun4 binary release (update 5) was last
> modified in March 1995, while the fix posted in the GRASS FAQ that I referred
> to was posted in April 1996. This suggests that the v.support error was
> discovered after the update 5 release.
>
> Perhaps if the person who originally posted the sun4 binary is still a member
> of this list, he or she could recompile the binary with the fix for the
> v.support problem. Otherwise, I think your only choice would be to download the
> source code for GRASS4.1 update 5, and download the fixed file from the FAQ
> (since the source code also contains the bug) and then try to compile GRASS.
> Maybe someone else has a better solution to fixing the v.support program in the
> binaries, like using a patch of some kind.
>
> Sorry I can't be much help with the binaries since I compiled the source code
> instead of using the binaries.
>

> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)

I found it was possible to get round the v.support error by placing
an empty file of the same name as the vector you are trying to
add topology to in, I think, the dig_plus directory.  Not
satisfactory but it worked for me  8-)

cheers   Tom

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk