v.support of GRASS4.1

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Sep 3 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Iwao

On Sep 2,  5:28pm, Iwao NODA wrote:
> But my Grass4.1.5 is 'GRASS 4.1 Dynamic Binary Release Update 5' downloaded
>  from
>    ftp://129.229.103.1/pub/grass/grass4.1/release/binary/sun4/ .
> Is the Update5  not fixed the v.support problem ?
>-- End of excerpt from Iwao NODA

I did a bit of checking and the sun4 binary release (update 5) was last
modified in March 1995, while the fix posted in the GRASS FAQ that I referred
to was posted in April 1996. This suggests that the v.support error was
discovered after the update 5 release.

Perhaps if the person who originally posted the sun4 binary is still a member
of this list, he or she could recompile the binary with the fix for the
v.support problem. Otherwise, I think your only choice would be to download the
source code for GRASS4.1 update 5, and download the fixed file from the FAQ
(since the source code also contains the bug) and then try to compile GRASS.
Maybe someone else has a better solution to fixing the v.support program in the
binaries, like using a patch of some kind.

Sorry I can't be much help with the binaries since I compiled the source code
instead of using the binaries.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)