DEM generation from stereo image pairs in GRASS?

David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 5 12:29:24 EDT 1996

A collaborator on our project told me she had heard of some people using
GRASS for deriving a digital elevation model from stereo image pairs, such as
aerial photos. Is this possible in GRASS? I'll be using a few other packages
to do this (ERDAS OrthoMAX, PCI Easi/Pace, and 3D Image Maker) and comparing
the resulting DEMs, so GRASS would make another interesting comparison, if it
can be done. The images are Shuttle Large Format Camera frames.

David
David Osborne                         e-mail: David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397
   (and Department of Geography)                    fax: +44 (0)115 951 3358
University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK          URL: http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczdao